Southern Cross School of Distance Education logo

Southern Cross School of Distance Education

Southern Cross School of Distance Education

Providing quality distance education since 1995


Distance education is an equity program for NSW students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Our school can help with enrolment inquiries throughout the year.

Full-time enrolment

Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures (PDF 349KB) to be eligible to enrol as a full-time student.

The full-time enrolment categories are:

  • students who meet geographic isolation criteria
  • students travelling within Australia
  • students temporarily resident or travelling overseas
  • students with a medical condition
  • pregnant students/young parents
  • vocationally talented students
  • students with additional learning and support needs

The enrolment procedures (349KB) outlines details about the categories of enrolment.

For more information, visit Distance education.

Single course enrolment

We provide single courses for students in Years 9 to 12 to enhance curriculum choice. 

Single course enrolment is available for students when their home school can't provide the required breadth and flexibility of curriculum. Generally it's available on a quota basis.

To study a single course at Southern Cross, visit Single course enrolment.

How to enrol 

  • Prior to contacting us, please ensure eligibility by reading the enrolment procedures (349KB)
  • If eligible, contact us when you're ready to enrol your child. You may need to attend an interview with executive staff. We will discuss your child's enrolment and may need to complete a risk assessment as well.

Temporary visas and international students

For information about eligibility and forms to complete, visit the Temporary Residents Program.

Need more information?

For further information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.